Here are 10 New Year's wishes for you, my writing friends.
1. May you meet and surpass every daily writing goal you have, whether word-count, page-count, or chapter-count.
2. May you have enough spare cash to enter all the writing contests you feel would be beneficial to your career.
3. May you final in all the writing contests you enter.
4. May your queries sparkle so much that they dazzle all who read them, especially agents and editors.
5. May your synopses possess the magnetic appeal of an electromagnet and portray your irrestible story in its best light.
6. May your non-writing life be calm, peaceful, and full of health.
7. May enthusiasm for writing fill your every moment.
8. May your writing experiences inspire others.
9. May you take joy in all who achieve their writing goals, even when yours seem elusive.
10. And most of all, may you find the words you need. Those perfect words that make the stories we love to read.
Here's to 2010 -- may it be full of blessings for all!