Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Gift of Story

The shiny paper, the glossy ribbons, and odd shapes of gifts intrigue me. I want to shake it, peek inside, and open them. I imagine what it could be, sometimes I am pleasantly surprised (that IPOD touch was very nice), or not pleasantly surprised (Socks).

Stories are gifts. The idea as you create the story is shiny and intriguing. The characters decorate it, and the story itself has odd shapes. It invites you to peek inside, to read it. I have never been disappointed by reading a story of my choice.

The most difficult part, is creating that story, or finding it. Stories are everywhere. There are true stories, ones of faith, others of fiction. We see a story all around us, in the actions of others and in our conversation.

Since it is Christmas, there are familiar stories that we hear. We re-read them, re-tell them yearly. Instead of being boring these gifts add to the flavor of the season.
What is your favorite gift of story for Christmas? Is it Fiction? Faith? Truth? Tell me, I’d like to hear.

5 comments:

M.V.Freeman said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS All!!

Please ignore my spelling errors in this post...it was written in the midst of some chaos (Isn't that normal?)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Christine said...

Merry Christmas! I am sitting on my story as well. I hope I get the "gift" of inspiration very soon. I need to do some research for sure!!

Have a happy holiday season!

M.V.Freeman said...

Christine,
I totally understand.
The gift of inspiration is a true treasure to get...:-)

As for research..its on my list too. *sigh* so much to do, so little time....LOL

Hope you are getting some down time.

Louisa Cornell said...

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!! I always get inspiration for stories from the oddest places. But as they've worked out pretty well I won't complain!

M.V.Freeman said...

Louisa,
That is the way I feel, I get inspired from all sorts of places.

Hope you have a motivating day! ;-)