Sunday, December 20, 2009

Finding Inspiration on You Tube

I've had a terrible month. So much, in fact, that every time I sat to write this blog, it ended negative and depressing. Several humbugs at the office zapped the hope and good cheer right out of me last week.

But it's Christmas week and I refuse to be a Scrooge.

So.

I searched for inspiration this morning and think I found it in a very cool video. This 4+ minute walk through romance reminded me exactly why I decided to write the genre over twenty years ago. Just about every hunk that ever graced the big screen is in this thing, and I have to say, this totally put me in the mood to write. (Warning, the video has sound and an annoying pop-up you need to close.)

I'm dedicating this video to my husband--a man who really knows how to deliver a big-screen kiss. Merry Christmas, Honeybunny.

POP QUIZ for the true romantic: How many movies from the video can you name?

7 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

Almighty, Zorro, Titanic, Leaving Las Vegas(?), Ghost, Romancing The Stone, Shakespeare In Love, Sweet Sixteen, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Walk in the Clouds, The Lake House, Troy, Spiderman, Love Actually(?). There were some I didn't recognize and some that were duplicated. There were also some great kisses in the video. Wow!

gwenhernandez said...

Wow! I can't beat Carla. That was definitely inspiring. ;-) I'm sorry you're having such a bad week at work. Cheer up and have a great holiday!

Callie James said...

Ha! Thanks guys! I'm going to give it until tomorrow morning. If no one else comments, I'll list the movies here (they were listed on the You Tube site.) I didn't recognize all of them either so I was curious to find out.

:)

Carla Swafford said...

Bubbles baths and these type of kisses. Goodness, girl! Do you want us all to hate you? LOL!

M.V.Freeman said...

Ok, I have to admit, I was entranced. I got: Ever After, Liar Liar, Pretty in Pink, Titantic, Zorro, Shakespeare in Love, Jewel of the Nile or Romancing the Stone...and I got lost on everything else.

Don't let those Scrooges get you down at work! I am glad you found away to get motivated. :-)

LOVELY idea, thank you Callie!

Callie James said...

Ha! Carla, I totally laughed at that. He gives great shoulder massages too. I know. You're totally going to smack me in January. :)

Thanks, Mary! I definitely let that place get to me last week. Doing better today. I love your new picture, by the way.

Okay, here's the list she had (listed by scenes so you'll see some listed twice):

Liar, Liar,
Ever After
Zorro
Tristan and Isolde
Titantic
Con Air
Some Kind of Wonderful
Romancing the Stone
Shakespeare in Love
Pretty in Pink
The Prince and Me
Con Air
P.S. I Love You
Titantic
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Zorro
The Wedding Date
Just Like Heaven
The Notebook
Some Kind of Wonderful
The Lake House
Shakespeare in Love
The Prince and Me
Becoming Jane
Troy
Spiderman
Closer
Romancing the Stone

Christine said...

I wasn't able to watch the video--but HUGS and love from me in as I sit in the hotel room in TX. I'm sorry you had a blechy week and more at work.

More hugs and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Now where's MY hunk? I need to get me some mistletoe.