Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Post Conference

Well I returned home on Sunday from a wonderful weekend. We left Thursday to attend the 2009 M & M Conference in Georgia. It was GREAT!! I shared pictures and talked about what we did on our group blog, you can find it here.

Today, lets talk about post conference things. You know what I'm talking about. When you get home you are on this wonderful cloud, you can't wait to tell your friends, family, spouse about your trip and what you learned. I did this. I talked to him every night before I tossed and turned. Telling him details of what we'd done during the day and everything else in between. My hubby is very supportive and loves hearing it all. When I actually returned home I was talking 90 to nothing. He laughed with me and talked with me and wanted to know this and that. I was wonderful.

I have even managed to keep up my post conference cloud, with thoughts in my minds and things that need to be done. Monday wasn't very productive, for we had dentist appointments and soccer, but hey that is life. I did what I could and the rest waited. Yesterday, I dove in and man did it feel good last night when I was able to tell my hubby everything I had done. The thing is he doesn't just do that with me. He does it with my writing friends as well. He really is wonderful and all mine. :P Sorry, ladies! HAHA!

So, what are some of the post conference things that go through your mind? What do you do when you get home? Do you dive in and hit the door running? When does it fade away and life take over again?

I hit the door running and I'm not slowing up. The house work can wait. I'm doing what I can with help from everyone in the house and it feels great! Off to work I go. :)

4 comments:

Christine said...

The conference was great--my first M&M and not my last. I had such a blast getting to see the HOD/SM members, and meeting new friends, too. I learned a lot. I laughed a lot, and I cried, too. Some of the stories shared on that podium were very poignant.

I know what you mean about the conference cloud. My cloud is over--we've been readying for the beach trip for the Fall Break. I did tons of laundry Monday, packed and got ready to go yesterday, and now we are almost on the road.

I also blogged about the conference and my experiences on my blog... hard to capture all the excitement and energy, but I tried.

Good seeing you there--hope to see you at the Readers Luncheon in November.

:)

Misty Wright said...

It was great to see you too, Christine!

I can't say that my cloud is over, I'm still excited and working away. Sure, I have life to deal with, but my hubby is helping me the best he can. Along with the kids help, I'm good. I can only do so much and I'm finally learning that HUGE lesson. LOL. Meaning I don't worry that the house isn't spotless, like I used to. And let's face it with seven people in the house, the clothes will NEVER be done. HAHA!

Christine said...

Laundry is my worst chore... and we are only 3 people. However, my DD uses enough clothes for 3 people... she is a teenager...

M.V.Freeman said...

Mity,
I am so glad the conference was such a postive thing, I feel envigorated just reading your post.

I have not been to one, but next year...things are about to change.

Write on! :)