Sunday, September 13, 2009

Writing Adventures!

This is my first post here and I’m happy to be part of this blog. As you read this, I will be getting ready for another adventure in the wonderful world below. What do I mean? I will be getting ready to make two more dives to complete my Scuba Diving Class. Yep, you heard me right. I’ll be underwater exploring and finishing up my class. YAY! Once we’re done we will head home and I will check in with everyone.

So, what made me think of doing these classes? I can answer that one easily. My hubby. HAHA! Actually, he already has his certification and wanted us to be able to enjoy something together. He also had this wonderful story idea that deals with a Scuba Diving Class and I thought what better way then to get the real experience. I’ve had my moments when I was unsure of myself, but I’ve enjoyed it this far and I’m sure I will have a blast in the ocean. Seeing things I have only seen on TV and I can’t wait!

Hubby is talking about our next adventure of jumping from a perfectly good airplane. STOP! That is where I draw the line. HAHA. My feet will stay on the ground…or underwater, but NOT jumping from a plane. Though it would make for a great story…Nah, not this girl. :-D

So, what are some of the things you have done for your books? Have you taken some great adventure just to capture it in your writing? Share with me what you have done, while I travel back from mine. I hope to share pictures very soon from my trip. :-)

6 comments:

Diane Richmond said...

Misty: My father-in-law was a a World War II pilot and flew until the 80's. When my husband announced that he was going to skydive, he looked at his son and asked, "Why would you ever want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane?"

Good advice, I think.

Callie James said...

Misty, is your husband a Navy Seal or something? Jeesh. Awesome experience though. And that story could be fun to write!

Good luck, missy!

Christine said...

Okay, in my first book, I will reference till I die and when I am a published author, it was all about the wineries. Now I am in a 4th book that has a different sort of edge to it, not mentionable, but woot, the research is fun. My next book is about a golfer... or two. I have begun my lessons with my DD and LOVE IT.

But no deep sea adventures for me...allergies....

Carla Swafford said...

I haven't gone or done anything specifically to write a scene or anything like that. But I do use places I travel to in scenes. So my books have cities like Atlanta, Seattle, Mobile, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Denver...you get the idea. LOL!

Misty Wright said...

I'm sorry, I thought I already answered and commented. Guess it didn't take. sigh.

My hubby isn't a Navy Seal. LOL. He got a kick out of that one. He just loves adventures. I've always loved to watch different shows about the ocean and what lurks beneath, now I can actually see it with my own two eyes. YAY! I will be sharing more as I dive different places and take different pictures. :)

I think as writers we absorb more of the details of a place because we do use them in our books. :)

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

M.V.Freeman said...

Actually for my writing, I've traveled, but nothing specific like what you are doing.

I did learn to rappel...(I think that is the spelling)-but did not learn to do it for writing- its been years..but I'd do it again in a heart beat!

Have fun!