1) I have less than a week to prep for the MOONLIGHT & MAGNOLIAS Conference in Atlanta and I have been derailed. When will I find time to practice my pitch? Or pack? Or write anything at all? At least my eyebrows, chin and lips are waxed.
2) My daughter has swine flu and influenza B--hence my 1st problem.
3) My house was clean--now it needs disinfecting and there's a lot of extra laundry.
4) I am tired cause I slept on a love seat all night--in other words I didn't sleep.
5) My latest online course has pointed out a major flaw in my writing of heroes and heroines. Great for future stories. Not so great for my current POS. Why even pitch it? See number 1.
6) I'm behind on my homework for the online course.
7) My darling husband doesn't understand that the best way to support me is to nod, say loving things and stay away from the germs--God help us all if he gets sick. I'm talking about the man who literally takes his temperature 3x in a row with three different thermometers to get an AVERAGE!!!! And this is also the man who claimed he "was the sickest" of us all when we all got a horrible stomach virus--not true--ask my daughter.
8) I'm desperate to write and have nothing to give. The well is empty.
9) I believe I am the world's worst contest category coordinator and am suffering horrible bouts of guilt.
10) The scale went up.
What I need is a hero.