Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Release Week!!!!

Finally, after 10 months of waiting (since The Call), Spanish Magnate, Red-Hot Revenge is on the shelves THIS WEEK! I've already spotted it (and had friends send photos) at Wal-Mart, Books A Million, and Barnes & Noble. It's totally surreal. I've waited so long for this day, and now it's here. I can walk into a store and find my book -- but only for the next month. One of the minuses of category is the short shelf life. But a big plus is to be a writer for the Presents line.

Already, as a newbie debut author, I have the power of that name behind me. Harlequin Presents. It still gives me a little thrill when I think of it. Harlequin has a reader service, as I'm sure many of you know, where subscribers to the books get them a couple of months early.

This means my book has been out there since around the middle of May. And I've gotten fan mail, which humbles me and thrills me to no end. One lady painstakingly wrote a letter, on scrap paper she'd saved from a church bulletin, telling me how much she enjoyed my book. I wrote her back and sent bookmarks.

Other fan mail has come in email. One lady thanked me for the hours of reading pleasure. Another said I was her new favorite author. And then there have been a few requests for advice. I don't mind giving it, but I do feel a bit odd doing so.

Mostly, I'm excited about this coming month and all it brings. I've already weathered one bad review, thrilled to several great reviews, and I think I'm prepared for whatever comes next. It's quite an adventure thus far. I hope I never get over the excitement of it.

Please check my blog this week. I'll be guest blogging in several spots and will announce them as they happen.

And now I have to ask, because I can't help myself -- have you seen my book anywhere?

14 comments:

Christine said...

Lynn: I met a writing friend at B&N and saw your book on the stand! It was so exciting to see it. She picked it up right away (I already have mine).

What a moment. Congratulations!

Karen Beeching said...

Lynn, I'm so excited for you. Enjoy the moment!

I will keep an eye out for your book in the next couple of weeks. I look forward to reading it. :)

Christy Reece said...

Lynn, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm thrilled for you and hope you enjoy every single moment of your debut book release.

I haven't been out and about this week but will venture out this weekend and pick up your book.

I'm so excited for your success! Wishing you many many more book releases!

Lynn Raye Harris said...

Hi, Christine! I just signed my books at B&N! How exciting that your friend bought a copy. :) Thank her for me, please. And I'd be happy to sign it sometime.

Thank you, Karen! It's quite exciting and I'm giddy. I hope you will enjoy the book. :)

Christy! Thank you! It's been fun thus far. And each time I stop in a store and ask if I can sign my book, I see yours and want to yell, "I know her!" ;)

Louisa Cornell said...

Congratulations, Lynn!! I didn't go by the book aisle today at work, but I WILL go by tomorrow and try to snap a photo. I can't wait to pimp your book to all of the reading girls at work! I've already got them reading Christy's books.

This is just so wonderful! I am SO excited for you!!

Sherry Werth said...

I'm so excited for you Lynn! I stopped by Kmart yesterday during lunch (I had my camera ready) but they didn't have it out yet. But I'll find it soon. Get your pen (and hand) ready for signing!

M.V.Freeman said...

Woohoo!!! Celebration time! I have your book in my hot little hands, and am waiting for you to sign it!
Yay!!!

Lynn Raye Harris said...

Hey, Louisa! Thanks!! I happened to be in Wal-Mart today, after I'd been there yesterday, and one of my books is gone. *g*

Sherry, I didn't even think of K-Mart! Oooh, and I better get over to Target too! I'll be ready to sign!

Hey, Mary! I'm ready to sign!!

Christine said...

Hey Lynn: the friend is Mary! haha--wish we had known about your book signing.

Congratulations again.... so exciting!

Lynn Raye Harris said...

LOL, Christine! Your friend is my friend too. :) It wasn't a formal signing; it was simply me going in and asking them if I could sign stock. They said yes. :)

Jeanie said...

Whoo-hoo, how exciting for you! I will definitely be prowling the aisles looking for your book! How exciting!

Christine said...

My daughter and I were at B&N today and I saw your "autographed" copies. So cool. Love the little heart on the signature...

Just so flipping happy for you that I feel like a dolphin...

Cari Hislop said...

Congratulations on the birth of your first book!!! There should be a Hallmark card for this occasion...
May you sell many copies!!!!!
If that's not an Irish saying...it should be.

Diane Richmond said...

Lynn: Congratulations! I know I will stand in the store with tears coursing down my cheeks when I see my first book on the shelf. I'll look for yours the first chance I get. I will tell everyone there to buy it.