Saturday, January 10, 2009

Once

I’ve decided to start analyzing other creative works since I’m sick of looking at my own. There’s a movie that’s been out for sometime entitled, Once. Has anyone else watched this movie? Not only does it have great music (won an award, I believe), but it’s very uniquely done. I loved it. My husband and I talked about it after watching it and decided the movie’s point revolves around the title. “Once” can describe numerous things about this wonderful piece of work, depending on your perspective. It’s a story about creativity and passion (for music mostly) and I love how the main characters have such extraordinary gifts when it comes to music but both have the most mundane jobs possible.
For those who have watched this movie, let me know what you think. Did you like it? Hate it? If you haven’t watched it, I recommend you do. Then come back over to the blog and tell me what you think. Three stars? Five?

4 comments:

M.V.Freeman said...

Sadly, I have never watched this movie. I did go and take a looke at the synopsis. I'll keep it in mind for sometime in the future. :)

JoAnn said...

I've had several people recommend this one to me. I will definitely put it on my must-see list.

JoAnn said...

I just finished watching this movie. I can't decide if I loved it or just liked it a lot. :-) I am very much old-school when it comes to romance -- I want the guy and girl to get totgether. But if you don't consider this a romance, it was very ejoyable. :-)

Karen Beeching said...

I loved it for the characters' love and passion for the music, not the romance.

In fact, I remember telling my husband at the end that I didn't like the ending. He said it wasn't the ending most people would want, but the only ending they could have successfully had for that movie. I have to agree with him.