Figuratively, because I don't want to disturb the deluxe condos the dust bunnies have created. I do plan to throw away my procrastination, whininess (I do keep a small jar of that up in the cabinet, to examine on really bad days), time wasters like spider solitaire (the death knell for writers everywhere) and negative thoughts.
What will I keep? My accomplishments. This year I have:
- Managed to complete my first face-to-face pitch (and not totally blow it)
- Finish a partial and send it off
- Received a rejection (Hey this is important too!)
- Wrote half of my book and realized it was all wrong (Plot and character flaws)
- Replotted the darn thing
- Started writing again.--Twice
Yes, I realize that I did a lot of back tracking (like re-plotting) when I should be moving forward. I've learned a lot this year, so I want keep the good things out in the open, dusted and shiney up on the mantel--Things like my focus, surrounding myself with supportive people, perseverence, and humor.
What have you learned this year? What will you keep, what will you throw away?