Saturday, November 01, 2008

Today's the Day!

It's our annual Readers' Luncheon.

If you've never been, let me describe what you are going to miss. There are over 100 fans converging on the Homewood Public Library to meet some of their favorite authors. Each author will host a table; giving these readers a chance to talk to them while enjoying a great luncheon.

If that isn't enough, the guest speaker is New York Times best selling author, Christina Dodd. There are also fantastic door prizes (many of which were contributed by the authors in attendance), and a book sale and signing that is open to the public.

If you are in the area, and want to try to get a ticket. Stop by a little before 11 a.m. We still have five seats available. No promises now, but you may get lucky and get a seat.

I'll give you an update of what you missed later this evening.

3 comments:

Diane Richmond said...

Today's the Day Update

Our 5th Annual Readers' Luncheon is now history. Our keynote speaker, Christina Dodd, was humorous and inspiring. She made us all laugh with her clever repartee. The food for the luncheon received great raves. I only wish I could cook as well. I would like to thank all the Authors who made this event special. They contributed lovely baskets, and more importantly, their time. On behalf of all of us Readers, thanks. Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't thank all of the Readers who attended the event, without their support, this event wouldn't be possible.

Carla Swafford said...

True. Christina was fantastic! But the part I like about the Readers' Luncheon is seeing my friends.

Paula said...

I'm so glad the luncheon went well. I really hate that I wasn't able to be there. :(

Looking forward to the next one!