Here are a few things I’ve learned in the last week or so I’d like to share:
- I can safely write at least 1700 words a night. This is doable. Now I have no excuses! NaNoWriMo has really helped me with this.
- I'm surprised to see that my story is turning out to be a single title—actually that depends on the time of day sometimes my story is not a single title because I’m convinced I’ve written too much drivel. (Today it’s drivel, tomorrow something else)
- Which leads me to this little truth: My inner critic never really shuts up. It can mumble at times, but it still lingers, much like a bad fungus. I know one woman who named hers Edgar. I think I’ll call mine Herman or Snot….
- I've also learned that there are people who can walk faster than I run. (Ok, so I trained to run a 5K. I did it, but really, there was no room for pride here. I had ten year olds and at least one seventy year old out run me).
- I finished the 5K….so that means…I can finish the darn book.
What truths have you learned lately? Good or bad?