Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Revisions, and Edits and Galleys...Oh My!


Guess you can tell that I have some news. Major squee moment! What do you think?

The last two weeks have been extremely full. I received my first cover flats. They're still being fine tuned, but I must say that as pretty as this cover is, the actual paper cover is even better. It's gorgeous...all glossy with raised lettering and the color is so deep and vibrant. I'm completely thrilled! I'll post the other two beautiful covers soon.

Just as I was finishing up my revisions for my third book, I received my line and copy edits for my second book and galleys for my first book. Major squees and then some triple heart pounding. Wow, this is getting really real!

I sent off my revisions, then hunkered down in my office for five days and worked on my edits. I mailed them out yesterday. Whew! Then treated myself to a vanilla milk shake and a trip to the bookstore. Do I know how to celebrate or what?

Now I'm working on my galleys and that's so interesting. They're printed sideways, like a book, with pages side by side. I have a couple of weeks to get them finished up, but since this is the last opportunity for any kind of change, it's going to require very careful and numerous readings.

Also, I'm supposed to be doing NaNo but haven't even started yet. My goal is to start on the 15th. Really it is. Honest! How's everyone else doing on NaNo or their writing goals?

15 comments:

Karen Beeching said...

I love it, Christy! Woohoo!

How exciting. I don't know how you're keeping up with all that work!

Christy Reece said...

Thanks so much, Karen! LOL. Chocolate is becoming increasingly more important to me.

Hope you're feeling better!

Karen Beeching said...

No kidding on the chocolate!

Yes, back at work and feeling better. Thanks!

Carla Swafford said...

You know the 2nd best part of the book cover to me is? The part that says "When danger calls, she answers." So very cool.

The number one best part? That your name's on it. A guaranteed wonderful sexy read.

Hugs!

M.V.Freeman said...

Well, to heck with NaNo, you have this AWESOME thing going on!!!

I am so excited for you! :)

CONGRATS!!! Again and again!

Christy Reece said...

Thanks, Carla. Have to admit, that's my favorite part too! And I love the "When danger calls, she answers." Fits my heroine so well!

Christy Reece said...

Thanks so much, Mary! But I can't let NaNo pass me by. I'm going to down some more chocolate and get 'r' done. Or something like that.

M.V.Freeman said...

You go!
I'm at 14,000, not where I want to be, but it could be worse!

JoAnn said...

IT'S GORGEOUS!!! And look at your name -- right there on the front in great big letters!!! That's YOUR name!!!!!

I'm so excited for you. And I cannot wait to grab a few off the bookstore shelves.

Congratulations!

Nannette Conway said...

I'm so excited for you Christy! Can't wait to see those covers in the bookstore and read the book!!

Christy Reece said...

Oh Mary, 14,000 words is fantastic. Congratulations! You go girl!

Christy Reece said...

JoAnn, thanks so much! Still seems quite surreal to see my name. I went to two different bookstores today and really didn't see any covers that looked like this. Hopefully this will make them stand out on the bookshelf.

Christy Reece said...

Thank so much, Nannette! Hard to believe that in just a little more than five months, they'll be in stores. Oh my gosh. I got dizzy just typing that sentence. LOL!

Naima said...

Wow, Christy!!! I'm so excited for you!! Congratulations and the cover looks AWESOME!! Can you tell by the exclamation points how excited I am? LOL! The cover is a gorgeous as the name underneath it...big font! LOL! Wonderful, wonderful news!!

Christy Reece said...

Thanks, Naima! I have the real thing propped up on a book shelf beside me and have a crick in my neck from twisting around to stare at it.