Friday, November 28, 2008

A Poppourri Post

Happy belated Thanksgiving! Sorry I'm a day late in posting. Yesterday was my last day to work on galleys for RESCUE ME. More on that later! Hope everyone had a wonderful day with family and friends and took the time to count your blessings.

Since I have no major blog topic today, here's a potpourri of different items:

1) So I sent my galleys off today, and me, being the obsessive/compulsive writer that I am, had great difficulty with the process. Why? Because this was my last chance to change anything. I thought I had it bad when I was submitting and would rethink and change everything seventy-two times before I sent it off. This is worse! Because I know this is it. No more chances. What's done is done...what's there is there. Oh! My! Gosh! But alas, it's gone and I can breathe an easy, breezy sigh until tomorrow, when I start back on my WIP. Yay!

2) I confessed several weeks ago that I have some major procrastination issues and that I've discovered several ways to feed this habit. This week, I found a new one. And quite honestly, it's been a valuable learning experience. I have discovered...drum roll please...People are different! How about that? Who would'a thunk it?

So how did I come across this miraculous information? Amazon, that's how. I was perusing the site, as I often do, and found several discussions going on. One topic that caught my eye was "The Worst Romance Book You've Ever Read". I clicked on, thinking I'd find a few obscure titles and it would pass the time for about five minutes or so. Oh my, was I wrong. I've spent way too much time reading people's comments. Turns out the worst book some people have read are some of my favorites! In fact, two or three are in my top ten favorite books of all time. Go figure!

3) My name was mentioned in Romantic Times Magazine. Yay! Page 10...under the New Year in Novels. My first time, and possibly my last, but what fun to see it!

4) I'm still working on my website, adding and changing things almost weekly. My covers are up. Yay! They're still not finalized, but they're close. Also, I've added a blog. If you have time and the inclination, please stop by and say hello. Feeling very lonesome over there!

5) The economy is hurting everyone, including bookstores and publishing. No big news there. But I'm going to do my little bit by buying books as presents this year. Made a little contribution today and will continue to scour bookshops till Christmas. Very challenging to find presents for non-readers in the family, but I'm determined to do as much as I can. And, what can I say, being in a bookstore just makes me happy.

So, there it is, my potpourri of little things. Feel free to respond to all of them, one of them or heck, feel free to add more.

4 comments:

Karen Beeching said...

Awesome, Christy, on getting your baby out the door. I can't imagine what it's like knowing it's the final version EVER.

Christy Reece said...

Thanks so much, Karen. I'm not sure the fear will ever go away. Bunches of people read the book before it ever gets to stores, but still there's a worry.

Congrats again on getting that GH entry out on Monday. So proud of ya!

Carla Swafford said...

I know your name will come up in RT BookReviews again. Probably in three months. I'm foreseeing 4 to 4-1/2 stars HOT!

Christy Reece said...

Oh Carla, bless you, sweetie. You always know the exact words to make me smile and feel better.