Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Giving thanks...

We're only two days from Thanksgiving and I’ve been so busy writing lately I hadn’t given thought about what I might blog about today. I decided to share with everyone what I'm thankful for this year (regarding writing). Something happened two years ago, and BLAM, I stopped reading and writing. Just like that, I lost interest in both my favorite passions, and to this day, I’m not sure why. It was devastating, which sounds odd because one would think I could just pick it back up. I forced myself to read and couldn’t manage to finish a book. I started writing several times and couldn’t get past the first chapter. I truly did not know what to do to get my passion back. Even my husband was worried because I was slipping into a depression without those loves in my life.

For some reason this summer I found my interest in both again. Just like that, BLAM, there they were. I honestly never knew how much I lived for these passions, how much they drive me daily just to get out of bed, until they were gone. Cliché, I know, but there it is.

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

I'm thankful for people in my chapter willing to give up their time to work on our contests, to make sure programs go smoothly and even give suggestions on how to make things betters.

I'm also thankful for my critique partners past and present. Would've never gotten to the place I am without them.

Karen Beeching said...

I second that, Carla.

:)