Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wrapping Up Loose Ends

It's getting close.

November 1st and the start of NaNoWriMo. I'd like to say I'm getting it all together (cue the hysterical laughing) but I am trying. First, I have a few things to wrap up that I have started on this blog.....

First One: I wrote a blog on stopping whining....and I wanted to post the results, and basically, some days are better than others. I am trying not to focus on what bothers me or how "bad" I perceive things to be. Life happens, and you have to push forward. I fall sometimes and drop into a full blown whiny mode, then I have friends that set me straight! (Thanks Guys!)

Second thing: Moving forward: Well, that's why I am doing NaNoWriMo, to push me forward. Hey anything helps.

Third thing: WRITE

Fourth thing: MEET THE BLOODY DEADLINE (that's going to be another blog!) Apparently, I am having issues with this.

OK, so perhaps I didn't have a "Huge" list of wrapping things up...but we all have them.

Now, what do you need to wrap up before you start a huge push on writing? Is is arranging child care, extra days off, or just plotting?

4 comments:

SaturnMoonie said...

I'm getting ready for NaNo as well. I feel I need a bit more brainstorming, and I've been searching for songs to put on the playlist that match the feel of what I want to write...which is kind of dark, but hypnotic as well (like Nymphetamine by Cradle of Filth).

Christy Reece said...

Hey Mary, I'm doing NaNo too. My first time!

What do I need to do before NaNo? I'm wrapping up revisions on my third book this week. Also, need to do some shopping for my author basket for Saturday's luncheon. Then, and this is the biggie, I need to write a somewhat coherent synopsis for the book I'm going to write for NaNo.

Guess I'd better get to work!

Carla Swafford said...

Nymphetamine by Cradle of Filth? LOL! Never heard of them or the song, but I'll have to check it out. With names like that I have to wonder...

Uh, me? No. Mork from Ork...oh...I meant No NaNo for me. LOL! Sorry you'll have to forgive me. I'm giddy with a personal record of THREE books finished this year!!! YEAH!!

Of course, I still need to edit two of them. But before this my personal best was 1 book in 6 months.

Okay, now I go to celebrate with friends by eating Chinese. NO! Not the people...only their food. Geesh, can't tell people anything...

LOL!

M.V.Freeman said...

Awesome! I love that y'all are working toward, or have accomplished, a goal!

Saturn-that band sounds cool! Have you heard of H.I.M. he has some nifty stuff. I like dark stuff too, so go for it.

Christy--You go! I hate synopsis, I have one and I'm not really following it...go figure. LOL

Carla---You Rock! 3 books! I am very impressed!!!!

Well, I am movtivated by what you all are doing to get ready. I hope you have started writing...I am making the word count barely. :)

See you at NaNo!