Saturday, August 02, 2008

Keeps Me Coming Back for More

I just returned from a ten day vacation with four children under the age of six. I took three books on this trip to read. I had HIGH hopes! Two of the books were brand new and one book I have read at least fifteen times. Which one do you think I squeezed in the time to read on my vacation? Yep, you guessed it. I made time to read the book I have already read over and over again. This is the book which got me reading romances in the first place. The title is Ransom and the author is Julie Garwood. I love this book and I adore Julie Garwood. I think she is just about one of the best romance authors around. As I was reading this book I began to wonder if most authors got into their particular genre because of some fabulous author they once read. Can any of you think of a particular author or book that got you reading romances? My fondest wish is to be the kind of writer who someone will think about years later and say I love her. I have read her books a thousand times, and she is why I am a romance writer. Here's to big wishes. May they come true!

3 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

Mine is Robert Gellis's Bond of Blood. I still reread it everyother year.

JoAnn said...

Born in Fire by Nora Roberts.

I was in the bookstore looking for a read to take on a grueling business trip. I had never read romance and wanted something "fluffy" that would help me get to sleep at night. And -- this will make you howl with laughter -- I had never heard of Nora Roberts.(Okay, you can stop laughing now.)

Not only did it NOT help me sleep (becuse I couldn't put it down), I had to go out and buy the second and third books in the trilogy. I knew then that this is what I wanted to write. I have at least three copies of the entire trilogy. One is dog-eared and full of notes and highlighted passages. Another is the one I use for "just reading." The third I'm keeping pristene for when the others wear out.

Naima said...

Believe it or not, Julie...tah-dah! Julie Garwood and Nora Roberts started it off for me! "Honor's Splendour" by Julie Garwood and the "Born in" trilogy by Nora Roberts! I've been hooked ever since and I still re-read all of them to this day!