I'm running short on time today. I leave Sunday for San Francisco and have a 'to do' list almost as long as I am. Fortunately I'm kind of short, but I still have bunches to get done.
Since I'm headed to conference, it occurred to me that I don't give enough thought to what RWA has done for me. I love this organization and owe so much to its members. Here are just a few reasons:
1. I've met some of the most giving and supportive people through RWA. I love Southern Magic and look forward to the meetings each month, not just to learn something new, but to see our members and hear how they're doing.
2. Before RWA, I had no clue how to format a manuscript, much less what POV, TSTL and the multitude of other acronyms that contest judges and writers everywhere seemed to know.
3. I've met superstars of romantic fiction, many of whom are my favorite authors of all time. Never in a million years would I have dreamed to have done this on my own.
4. I've met many of tomorrow's superstars. Someday, I'll be able to say, "I knew them when..."
5. I've made life-long friends through RWA. Some I see several times a month, others once a year and then others only through email and phone calls, but I treasure each friend I've made.
6. And last but not least! If not for RWA, I would not be a published author!
How about you? What do you love about RWA?