In my last blog, I wrote about going to Gatlinburg for a couple's retreat. Well, I'm proud to announce that it was awesome! I had a great time and discovered friendships I may not have had the opportunity to find if I hadn't opened myself up to the experience. But, I also uncovered something else. Something very profound. I detailed this discovery below in my version of a Top 10 (Okay, Top 5) I fondly call:
The Reasons I Love My Husband (Previously entitled, I Love Him, Ya'll!)
5. I adore his strength: While I admittedly go a tad bit squeamish over insects of the many-legged variety, he is my beetle-basher...my spider-smasher...my cricket-crusher...I ask you, who needs Raid??
4. He thinks my "jiggle" is sexy: He sees me naked and still believes I'm the same tight-bodied co-ed he fell in love with ten years ago.
3. He's my reality-check: While I often place pressure on myself to be the perfect employee, friend and mother, he assures me that it's quite all right to be imperfect. After all, I fall short in performing my wifely duties all the time...I was talking about cooking and cleaning!! Geesh, people!
2. He prays for me: He asks God to bless me with my dream of becoming a published writer...of course the fact that he wants to be a stay-at-home-dad has nothing to do with it! He always has my best interests at heart!
And, the Number One reason I love my husband...
1. He loves me: He allows me to blast Celtic Woman and Chicago in the car with only a minimal amount of eye rolling, asks me how my day went and actually listens to the response, plays Taboo wih me, watches the kids while I take a twelve-hour nap, AND knows who Nora Roberts, Linda Howard and Christine Feehan are!
IS THERE ANY WONDER WHY I LOVE THIS MAN??