Sunday, April 13, 2008

How It Went Down, Part 2

In addition to my successful appointments, there were a lot of great moments at the Silken Sands conference.

Great moment number 1: The cold, damp, dreary weather on Saturday did not spoil the fact that I was at the beach. Even though my toes never touched the sand, just being able to see the water was a joy. Kudos to the Gulf Coast Chapter for putting on the conference!

Great moment number 2: The speakers that I got to hear were fantastic. I took lots of notes, and it will take me days to sort through and absorb everything I learned.

Great moment number 3: The editor panel was enlightening -- hearing about the differences between and similarities of Kensington, Harlequin, and Sourcebooks helped me grasp the big picture of a book--from pitch to the bookshelf.

Great moment number 4: Roland Haas. Wow. Who even knew? (Check him out here)

Great moment number 5: When Carla announced my name as winner of the LHAoE Series Short/Long Contemporary (and finding out that the editor wanted to see the full).

It was a great weekend. :-)

2 comments:

Christy Reece said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend, JoAnn. Congrats again on winning first place!

Diane Richmond said...

Hooray! Bet you couldn't have a better weekend. I can't wait to see what happens now.