Sunday, April 13, 2008

How It Went Down, Part 1

As most of you know, I have spent the last couple of weeks working on my pitch for my appointments at Silken Sands. I am pleased to say that 1) it's over, and 2) it went well. Actually, it went really well with both the agent and the editor. The agent seemed extremely enthusiastic, which made me enthusiastic, which made my book sound like the best words on paper since Romeo and Juliet. The editor wasn't quite as enthusiastic (I'd like to think it's because she doesn't acquire for the line I'm targeting), but she did say "That was a really good pitch!" And she told me that if I sent the partial to her, she'd pass it along to the appropriate editor.

So here's to those who helped me through this: my critique partners for putting up with me, Kelley St. John for her AWESOME Online Pitching Class, my daughter for giving me some insight into the twenty-something mind, and my husband for nodding sweetly when I asked if it sounded okay. Thank you!

No comments: