Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'd Like To Start Over Please

I would like to restart this week.

Is this even possible?

My week started out promising; I had Monday off--I was going to write, get myself back on track.

Then I got the call; my youngest daughter was sick--so off I went to get her from school. In fact, she is still sick a stomach virus. (Does any one want this virus? I'll share...and its for free!)

Hmmm; no writing.

Then I had to get to work; and work late. Then yesterday my husband injured his ankle--I thought he broke it. It is just sprained and his right ankle looks like a melon is trying to grow. So, I had to take care of him and my sick daughter, then ferry the oldest to school.

Still no writing.

So, I am the only driving adult in my house. Work, well, now that I have missed so much of it I have to work the weekend, and make sure my kids get to school.

Then there was the volleyball play offs...my oldest daughter's team came in second.

You guessed it....NO WRITING

I think I have paid what ever karmic debt I incurred this week. I really, really would like to restart and be more prepared (maybe cook more, I'm a bit tired of peanut butter and jelly).

So, what kind of week have you had? Do you want to restart it or forget it happened?

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

So sorry you've had a tough week, Mary! May the next one be much, much better.

No starting over for me -- the further I get from this week, the better! :-)

Carla Swafford said...

I have dozens of excuses not to write, but I've learned you just have to sit your butt in a chair and go for it.

Hope everyone is better soon.

Deborah Matthews said...

Mary, I hope everyone is feeling better.

No, I don't want to start over. I've about finished editing my ms. so I can send it to an agent. Re-reading it has been a pain.

MaryF said...

Well, I am getting my focus back, I was just thrown for a loop for a few days. LOL
Ah, life, gotta love it.

MaryF said...

Well, I am getting my focus back, I was just thrown for a loop for a few days. LOL
Ah, life, gotta love it.