Sunday, March 02, 2008

Anti-Heroes

What kind of hero do you like?

There is the "Good" hero, he is finding the "Bad Guy". He is supposed to be larger than life; strong, capable, and intrinsically good.

Nice. Too nice.

Lately, I've been drawn to the anti-hero. He is the one who has his own internal moral compass, but not necessarily legal. He's not warm, nor is he necessarily nice. Still, you'd want him on your side (although he may not stay there).

Gee, that sounds like a loser. Still, they are fun to read and to write. I like trying to decide if I like them or not.

OK, so who would be classified as an anti-hero? Karen Marie Moning has a new book series the first of which is called "Blood Fever" that has a few anti-hero's. A man named "Jericho" that helps the heroine for his own reasons. (You have to read it to find out more..I'm evil; I know)

There are movies that have anti-heroes--I loved Alan Rickman as the Sheriff of Nottingham--he had to go down, but boy did he play a good part!

So, tell me, do you like anti-heroes and why?

(They are so deliciously bad)

No comments: