Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Favorite Kind of Day

I'm keeping this post short and sweet today because it's raining. That's right, it's gloriously gloomy and I'm loving it. Don't get me wrong. I love a sunny day just as much as the next person, but there's just something about a gloomy, rain filled day that puts me in a writing or reading mood.

I love to curl up on the sofa with a cup of tea, my fuzzy, four-legged kids and a good book. Or I'll take a pen and notebook and scribble out a scene. Tumultous weather outside and a safe and warm environment inside combine to create a feeling of well being and excitement. I'm exactly where I want to be, doing exactly what I want to be doing. What a grand feeling!

What about you? Does the weather influence your writing? What kind of day do you prefer?

Now excuse me, but the sofa's calling my name. Enjoy everyone!

3 comments:

Christy Reece said...

Uh oh, looks like not everybody had the same wonderful gloomy weather but the scary instead.

So glad everyone's okay!

JoAnn said...

Christy, I'm right with there with you on the rainy days!

One of my favorite childhood memories was the sound of rain on the metal awning outside my bedroom window. (It's not quite the same, but the sound of rain on my kitchen exhaust hood is a pretty good substitute!)

I do tend to use weather a lot in my writing. I know some people think that's a cop out or using "coincidence" but hey -- we don't live in a vacuum, right?

MaryF said...

Yep, I LOVE gloomy days. But, I also find that early mornings when its sunny and temperate that inspires me too.