Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's coming and I don't want it.

"You're getting older."

This was said kindly, with a touch of humor by my well meaning Doctor.

"Well, I'm not going to go willingly nor happily down this road" I said this, not very kindly, nor with a lot of humor.

My Doctor laughed. Twerp.

Unfortunately, my body has other ideas. I'm forgetting things, my body is doing it's own thing, every day I awake--more gray has shown up (that no amount of color seems to get rid of!), I'm grumpy (what gave you the first clue) and things are sagging and getting bigger (like my butt, but my breasts are shrinking...no damn fair).

Yes, I know everyone goes through this.

I just am not going to be graceful about it.

How are you dealing with getting older? What are you doing about it? (I am trying to ignore it, but it is not working).

As for my memory loss, I am still making lists...but I forget where I put them. Lucky me.

Does it get better?

Just tell me what you think.....I am interested.

2 comments:

Christy Reece said...

Wow, I'm impressed you have something shrinking, Mary. The only things I have shrinking are my jeans!

MaryF said...

Well, my jeans are shrinking too.
*sigh*
I want a new model, but I don't think that's an option.