Sunday, February 03, 2008

I Love Trivial!

I came across an interesting article that was linked on YAHOO! It's EW.com's 15 Nominees For Worst Dialogue Ever. Now a few I might agree with, but I was sad to see several that I thought were romantic. Maybe I like cheesy lines. Click here to find out.

And if you want to waste some time and really immerse yourself in some great 100 best lists, check out American Film Institute's 100 years... Click here.

Can you guess what's the #1 best movie quote? "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." The man's man, Clark Gable said it in GONE WITH THE WIND. Do you notice one important aspect of the quote? No exclamation mark. He didn't have to raise his voice to make a point.

And the best list on the same site is AFI's 100 Years...100 Passions. As the webpage said, "...Greatest Love Stories of All Time." Click here. Sadly 7 of the top 10 have unhappy endings.

I have two favorite quotes. One from the 1993 Tombstone...I'm your huckleberry. And one from Jerry Maguire...You had me at "hello."
What are some of your favorite movie quotes?

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

"What are you looking at, sir?"

"I'm looking at you, miss."

Cora and Hawkeye, Last of the Mohicans.

The smiles they exchange at that point say it all! Sigh!

MaryF said...

I agree - I liked a lot of the "worst" lines!

Christy Reece said...

Okay, some of the lines deserved the "worst lines" distinction. But my two favorites, one from Pretty Woman, "She rescues him right back." and Jerry Maguire, "You complete me" deserved "best lines" distinction instead. They're wonderfully romantic and still get me choked up.