Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I love love!

Valentine’s Day is just about my favorite holiday, not only for the chocolate and flowers that I usually don’t get, but also because it’s the one time of year that the rest of the world focuses on what we as romance writers focus on all the time: luuuuuuve.

All the bookstores have prominent displays of books about putting romance in your life, having better sex, strengthening relationships, understanding body language--you name it. If it has to do with love, there’s a book about it and it's on a display table with red hearts and cupids.

Even prominent magazines, newspapers, and Web sites give a nod to the day. Cool-and-hip NPR had a piece about a collection of “non-romantic” love stories tonight. (I listened to the whole interview and still can’t figure that one out.) Here’s a link to a Time magazine article about romance: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1704672,00.html

Don’t ya just love it? Happy Valentines’s Day!

2 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

Oh, my goodness, JoAnn! Did you see the link on the left of the artictle about Famous Couples - Photos -- wonderful!

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1704127,00.html

To me, Valentine's Day is more fun when you have small kids and can help them prepare the little Valentine cards. That was so much fun. Miss my kids being little. Sigh.

Christy Reece said...

I love Valentine's Day too! I went to the grocery store this afternoon and was so pleased to see so many people, mostly men, buying flowers, balloons, chocolates, wine and steaks for dinner. So sweet!

Romance is alive and well!