Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Yes...I've done it...

Ah...Marti Gras!!! The time for purple, gold and green EVERYWHERE! And the beads! We can't forget the beads!!

I had the pleasure of living in Savannah for 4 years. During that time I braved River Street 3 times during St. Patrick's Day weekend (Savannah's version of Marti Gras) where the beer, bread and Savannah River are all green. And I admit, I've earned my share of beads. I will not go into any details on how I earned said beads since this is a PG blog BUT I can say "Been there, done that. Got the gigantic beads to prove it."

What have you done in your past that you can say "Been there, done that" but yet people may not believe you without proof?

4 comments:

Christy Reece said...

Skydiving! When I was in college. Still can't believe I did that, but it was one of the best experiences of my life. Have no proof now, but had bruises for weeks after.

JoAnn said...

Spent the night on an offshore oil production rig. Flew in a helicopter to get there. Shot areial photos from said helicopter after pilot kindly opened door and let me hang out with only my seatbelt holding me in.

I'm not brave like Christy. Not for one moment did I want to jump. :-)

Christy Reece said...

LOL. I had a parachute. If I only had a seatbelt, believe me, no one could have gotten me out of the plane!

Carla Swafford said...

I wish I had something I could add! Something exciting! Most the "been there, done that" were things I did when I was much younger and would never repeat for fear my kids would read it. LOL!