Saturday, January 19, 2008

How do you do it?

I'm a mess right now. I know...whine, whine, whine. Work is hectic, my extra activities are piling up (orchestra practice, choir practice plus I have two baby blankets to make within 2 months) and I'd really like to start writing again but my muse refuses to help out. It's snowing outside, there's dishes in the sink and clothes to wash and all I want to do is watch the George Clooney movie that's on right now.

How do you manage your time? How do you get everything done in the day and write at the same time?

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Number one: Ditch the dishes and laundry. I wash (both dishes and clothes) on an "as needed" basis. My husband hates it and I'm not proud of it, but sometimes you just have to prioritize.

:-)

MaryF said...

I write one sentence at a time. Sometimes that's all I get. With a full time job, graduate school looming, young children, a husband, my life is chock full of interruptions.

I agree with JoAnn, sometimes those dust bunnies will wage war...but if I get that one scene in or that one paragraph in..Life is good and its one step closer than I was before.

Hang in there Barb!