Sunday, January 27, 2008

Empty pages....

I am staring at a blank page.

It inspires me, this empty space, but daunts me. I find that my earlier ideas have fled, but this page remains.

I write anyway. Would I show it to anyone...yeah. You're reading it.

What do you do when you see a blank page? Get excited? Uneasy? Depressed? How do you gather your ideas back to you? --let me know...(I'll take any ideas)

Not only does the empty page mock me, I still have yet to find that time-space continuum that I've been searching for. Maybe cloning is easier.....AND I keep forgetting when it's my time to post. Drat.

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Here's the trick I use: I try to never start with a blank page. I have a file of ideas, fragments, deleted scenes -- all that flotsam and jetsam that wanders around my brain and computer. So when I get ready to start my story, I cut and paste one of those ideas or fragments.

What gets me is the grinding-to-a-halt when you know you've written yourself in a corner.

Christy Reece said...

Sometimes I give myself a time limit. Like fifteen minutes. For whatever reason, if I have only a certain amount of time and no boundaries, it forces me to put something down. I don't always use what I write, but I'm surprised at the number of times I do. Other times, it gets my thoughts in the right direction so I can write.

MaryF said...

I love those suggestions! LOL, I'm off to write....