Monday, December 17, 2007

You Did What?


You've heard stories about authors' computers being confiscated by the authorities. A scary thought for two reasons: 1) who wants to be in trouble with the government? 2) who wants their computer out of reach for weeks and possibly months? Yuck!

I know if they came into my house and looked at my books I have on interrogation, poisons, following people, and survivalist manuals surrounding my computer, they would begin to wonder about me. Thank goodness I also have how tos in writing romances and grammar books galore that would surely give someone a clue of what's going on.

What got me to thinking about all of this? Actually it was an email conversation I had with my CP the other day. It went something like this...

***
CP: How goes it with you?
Me: Going good. I just blew up Mary's Lexus. LOL!
CP: Cool. A bomb?
Me: Yep! Her dead husband's boss is sending her a
message that he doesn't mess around. He wants
that evidence. Or at least she thinks it's him.
HeeHee
CP: You go girl!
***
See. So much glee in causing destruction. I do believe to be a writer you have to be a little warped. LOL!

What books do you have that would make people wonder about you?

3 comments:

Deborah Matthews said...

David half-jokingly one time said something about leaving a note in case something ever happened to him. Reason? All my books on poison and such.

I used to be on Paladin's mailing list, but I don't recall any research that would have raised red flags.

Carla Swafford said...

Funny that you would say that. In the back of my mind, I've worried about how much my husband loves to watch Cold Case. Too many wives and girlfriends have died to make that show.

Another thing, the other day I emailed our favorite investigator and asked her a question about guns and the law. I know she knows I write, but you always worry what people may think about the question you ask. :-)

I think I worry too much. LOL!

MaryF said...

I think most of my stories make people wonder about me. *sigh* I tend to be polar opposite to my stories, which tend to be dark.

I figure if I tell someone I am a writer, all questions are allowable....

I hope.