Monday, December 10, 2007

THE SCENE

You've read it.

You know, that scene that just grabs you making your heart jump, or your eyes water, elicits a laugh, and even gets you a bit twitter-pated (well you know).

For me, its that moment that the hero says a quiet word that makes others jump, or when the heroine has just had a enough and makes a stand.

What are you reading that has grabbed your attention? So much so, that scenes from the story just tumble through your mind?

I am currently reading some delightful stories by fellow writers (and since I am bloody late posting this and haven't had the chance to ask them if I can use quotes, I won't put them here.--Sorry!!--Christy, I need time management AND a de-cluttering class).

So you get to reveal what you're reading...and why it jumps out at you. (Hey, and it will give me a list of books to go read...) :)

3 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

There have been many scenes that grabbed my attention over the years. Usually it takes one perfectly worded sentence. I can't think of any at this moment though.

MaryF said...

Ha! You're like me, I was too lazy to dig one up.

Ok, I promise the NEXT time I'll write something more interesting. :)

Christy Reece said...

Wow, there are so many!

The scene in SEP's It Had To Be You when Phoebe's dog jumps on her father's coffin, gets nervous and piddles on it. I know. I doesn't sound funny, but if you haven't read the book, do yourself a favor and read it. An absolutely wonderful book.

Another favorite is SEP's Nobody's Baby But Mine when the heroine is trying to turn the hero on, but has no clue how to do it, so she does aerobics. The hero sits on the couch, fascinated and stupefied. Hilarious.

Linda Howard's Cry No More when the hero tells the heroine what she just did for her son was one of the most unselfish acts he's ever witnessed. She loses it and goes hysterical with grief. Even now, I can think about that scene and cry.

I'll stop now, but I could go on for hours. Notice I couldn't remember many of the character's names, but I will never forget the books or those scenes. And there have been so many more that have touched me.