Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year All!

I considered blogging about resolutions and asking how many of you actually make and/or keep them. I won't though because I'm the world's worst at making resolutions I only keep a couple of days. But it's a new year and I always feel like I need to make a change for the better, whether I call it a resolution or not.

A news segment this morning caught my attention, so I thought I'd share it with you. A doctor discussed a list of five things you could do to be healthier in '08. And since they sounded so easy, I thought, what the heck, I'm going to give them a try.

Here they are in case you'd like to give them a go too.

1. Laugh often
2. Walk 30 minutes a day
3. Use brain teasers to keep your brain active
4. Get enough sleep
5. Improve your diet by either eliminating one bad thing or adding one good thing.

I may not be able to do all five things each day, but they seemed simple enough.

How about you? Anything you're going to do different in 2008?

3 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

So true about resolutions. I believe if you realize you need a change, then change immediately. Don't wait.

The first one, LAUGH OFTEN is so true. A few months ago I decided I needed to laugh more and think positive. So I immediately read articles on the internet about it and listened to some CDs. I feel better for it.

Just think. Who would you rather hang out with, Sad Sack or a reasonable Pollyanna? (Note the word reasonable.)

Plus I believe things turn around for those that think positive. I know it has for me. At work, my boss took away some of my heavy load. I finaled in the Maggies (too cool!) and won the short contemporary category in FTHRW's 2007 Golden Gateway contest!

I can tell you, I never imagining winning anything. But now I do. :-)

Sure things still go wrong, but I know it can be so much worst.

All done with the help of the Good Grace of God and my friends.

JoAnn said...

I agree with you about change, Carla. If you need to change and decide to wait until the New Year to impliment it, you won't change.

I, too, am going to change my attitude. People with positive attitudes have more fun anyway. :-)

MaryF said...

I think I am going to implement a few things: More laughter, eliminate one bad thing...and just keep on going.

:)