Thursday, December 13, 2007

3 large dogs, 2 Christmas parties and 1 very stressed out writer

So today is my day to blog but I can’t think of anything creative to talk because I’m STRESSING!

I should be a happy little bug right now. I’m sitting at my desk at work (shhhhh) looking at all the Christmas lights and red tinsel covering the bookcases, twinkling snowflakes and children’s department staff stockings hanging over my workspace and a 6 foot tree in front of the floor to ceiling window. I mean it looks like Christmas just exploded in here. But I can’t help but think about all the things I need to do between now and 12/25. I have a sing-along this afternoon in which I and two other people will be tooting our horns. My biggest fear this afternoon - finding every wrong note on the pages, grabbing them and blowing them out of my horn. Can you tell practice didn’t go well last night????

Santa is coming to the library on Saturday. The rain better hold off until after 4:00 p.m., that’s all I’ve gotta say.

Two more parties next week plus a hayride THEN loading up my 3 cats and heading to mama’s house. My babies love going to Granny’s house – there are three 75 lb+ inside dogs to sleep on. (I swear they do it!!)

OK…I’m finished venting. Anyone else care to share what is stressing them out at the moment? How are you getting through it?

2 comments:

MaryF said...

Alcohol.

Just kidding! Actually, I just take a deep breath, have a good cup of tea and try to do Yoga. IF that doesn't work....gritting my teeth and giving an evil smile will.

Ok, so perhaps I have issues.

Carla Swafford said...

Whoa! I'm worn out just reading what you have planned to do.

Thankfully I'm not stressed now. December 31 is around the corner [smirk], and my boss finally listened and took work off me.

Though I am working on finishing my book before then end of the year. [HA!] I'm so sure the editor is waiting for it. I can see her now, tapping her foot with her desk all clean, drumming her fingers and glaring at her in-box. [LOL!] Yeah! I do write fiction.