Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Writing time....when is it.

When is the best time for you to write?

For me, I love to write early in the morning, and on and off through out the day. I really don't enjoy writing at night--but I like to revise then...why? Who knows I am weird.

The problem is this--I don't get a chance to write when I want to. Yep, everyone has that problem. I wish I could stay home and write after the kids left for school, but like many, I must go to work. (For some reason, I like regular meals, clothes that fit, and comfortable place to sleep--I don't do the starving artist bit--tried that when I went to art school, no thanks!)

So, I actually write in spurts. I write for a few minutes when I get home, while the kids are taking a bath, before I go to bed. I'd like to say that this is my best writing, it isn't--- but its what I have. I figure, perseverance will win out and perhaps I can get a story done before I'm 92.

So, my fellow writers and readers, when is the best time for you to write? When do you actually get to write? Tell me your tales of woe, because I'm interested.

3 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

My favorite time is when the house is empty. And that's rare.

MaryF said...

Isn't that the truth...*sigh*

JoAnn said...

I like to write away from home. There are just too, too many distractions in my house -- even when it's empty!

:-)