Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Our Fabulous Luncheon

Carla's not the only one who forgot about the blog. And she stole my idea too! I was going to blog about a whole lot of nothing. Now that I'm here though, I'll chat about the luncheon, which I thought was fabulous.

The amazing Jenn, who ran a 10K before she came to the luncheon, brought incredibly beautiful gift baskets for the raffle. Larry and Susan out did themselves selling the raffle tickets. Can't wait to hear the final total.

The centerpieces Susan Vickerstaff put together were wonderful and very Southern Magic appropriate.

Deb Webb did a strip tease to show us all how a multi-published author dresses at work. It was fun to see that she and I pretty much wear the same business attire.

Sherrilyn brought us all to tears with her inspiring stories.

The delicious barbecue and cake that Karen arranged was a huge hit. And I'm always awed by the willingness of our Southern Magic members to pitch in wherever needed.

This was my mom's first time at a readers' luncheon, and she had a grand time. She'd never met a published author before. And before you write in and remind me I'm published, let me tell you that to her, I'll always just be her baby. I wouldn't have it any other way either.

What was your favorite part of the luncheon?

1 comment:

Carla Swafford said...

Me? Sitting down and listening to the great speakers! LOL!