Friday, November 23, 2007

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to the Mall I Go

Well, my mother and I did the unthinkable...we joined the zillions upon zillions of shoppers who were out and about today. About 3:00 this afternoon I found myself sitting in on a bench surrounding one of the fountains at Eastdale Mall in Montgomery. Mom and I both needed a rest so we enjoyed a few minutes of 'people watching'. Lordy, some of the conversations I heard waltz by me! A wife was yelling at her husband on the phone (apparently, he bought the wrong color bedspread for their daughter's room) and he "better take it back now!" Another couple was trying to decide on a certain size sweater for someone's mother (Lord help them if they get the wrong size. Apparently, they won't hear the end of it until NEXT Christmas.)

Surprisingly, during all the noise and madness, I did come up with a few scenes for a book or in that 10 minute break.

Where do you get inspired during the holidays?

1 comment:

MaryF said...

You know what inspires me? Watching sappy Christmas movies, and making cookies!
I love the feeling of anticipation.

Granted, I have to watch the eggnog, that stuff can be wicked.