Sunday, October 28, 2007

Hot Heros

Is your hero hot?

If so, how do you describe him? Do you start with those dreamy eyes? Maybe its the curve of the lips, the breadth of shoulders, or the way he fits those jeans. Perhaps its the height? Do you infer instead of describe?

Look at the book you are reading now and find the description of the hero. What passage makes you think of him...does it give just enough information or too much? If you're like me and I don't like the description--I change what he looks like in my minds eye.

Share with me that passage, I'd like to read it. Below is a passage from a book I am currently reading, it has a bit of both. It describes but does not elaborate.

"...At six-feet-six, and descended of great warrior known only as the Bloodletter, V was a massive male. With his blue-rimmed ice-white irises, his jet black hair, and his angular, cunning face, he might have been considered beautiful. But the goatee and the warning tattoos at his temple made him look evil."
----Lover Unbound, By J.R. Ward

I found the above succinct and descriptive and an area I am working on. (That is why you don't get a description that I wrote at this time.)

So share with me your descriptions.


3 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

He was standing right behind us, the epitome of stillness, one hand on the back of the sofa, dark hair slicked back from his face, his expression arrogant and cold. No surprise there. Barrons is arrogant and cold. He's also wealthy, strong, brillant, and a walking enigma. Most women seen to find him drop-dead sexy, too. Thankfully I'm not most women. I don't get off on danger. I get off on a man with strong moral fiber. The closest Barrons ever gets to fiber is walking down the cereal aisle at the grocery store.
---BLOODFEVER by Karen Marie Moning

Love this woman's new series. Awesome.

MaryF said...

OH, YEAH, that was a good one!!!

Now, drat, we have to wait for the NEXT installment.

MaryF said...

Here's my hotshot:

Movie star handsome, with a long jaw, lean cheeks, deep set brown eyes framed by long lashes and broad shoulders hugged by a black t-shirt. She’d forgotten how the sight of a handsome, confident man could kick up her pulse.
Every line in Cooper’s body defined self-assurance. The lines that fanned from his eyes and the silver that flecked his brutally short hair spoke of his years of experience. His tires-over-gravel voice conveyed his weariness, even though it was June, fairly early in the fire season.