Sunday, September 09, 2007

Death of the disco balls

I hear there was a wonderful presentation at the Heart of Dixie meeting yesterday on marketing yourself on the internet. I've got the web on the brain this morning because I'm in the middle of composing Southern Magic's online newsletter, and I just finished redesigning my own website. Take a look here and tell me what you think.

My previous site was wallpapered with hot pink disco balls that matched the cheerfulness of my covers. But my teen book coming out in early 2009, though funny, is much darker. I also hope to sell an adult romantic comedy soon. So I wanted a site design that could reflect all those genres.

Post your web address here and tell us how your website reflects what you write. And if you went to the HOD meeting, what did you learn?

4 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

Very middle of the road -- youthful, but adult-like. :-) I was rather partial to your pink disco balls myself. But I understand completely.

I've owned a website for two years and have changed it four times plus revised the look (using the same elements) twice.

So far, I like my current one best. Of course. Otherwise, it be changed again already. LOL!

www.carlaswafford.com

I still love the virtual party you have on your website. In a sort of strange way, it reminds me of something kids did in school that I thought was fun. Where someone places a note on page 20 of a text book, telling you to go to page 42, then page 86, and maybe two to ten more pages. At the end, it has some crazy drawing or joke. I always thought it was cool. What can I say? I'm a geek.

Christy Reece said...

Jenn, really like the changes. Very nicely done!

I don't have a website yet. I know, I know. I need one and hope to have one by the end of the year. I'll be very interested in reading the blog comments too.

jennifer echols said...

Carla, I've followed some of the changes in your website and I like the current one the best! I think it's beautiful and very fitting for paranormal.

Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Stories.

Carla Swafford said...

Thanks. I keep looking at other author websites, getting ideas. I've found simple is best especially for a not-yet-published person like myself. :-)