Thursday, September 06, 2007

Confession Time!

At the last SM meeting I confessed that I acted like such a geek when Linda Howard sent me an email saying she will be attending the luncheon. I believe my exact words were "I opened my email and was like Linda Howard sent me an email!!!""

I promise I'm not as bad when I speak with her face to face...now. I know, I'm such a geek but, come on, it's Linda freakin' Howard!

Ok...now it's your turn...

Think of all the authors you love and have met. Were you calm, cool and collective in person but your mind was going OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!?? Come on...fess up...

Barb

2 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

I confessed one of my embarrassing secrets at the meeting and refuse to put it in writing. LOL!

But since I'm a glutton for punishment, I will confess one more. I won't say the author's name, but will tell you that it was the same author. Heehee.

It was the second time I met her. I had been so cool and together the first time. Chatting her up, being witty and such. But for some reason when I went up to talk her at the 2nd meeting (at a conference) I teared up. She was so sweet. She definitely saw the tears welling up. Talk about embarrassing. I felt like such a goof ball.

I would've never imagine me being one of THOSE people. LOL!

Christy said...

I actually have two stories! One was the first time I saw Nora Roberts. I was with a friend at the 2004 conference in Dallas. Instead of being a mature professional, I turned into a thirteen year old girl. I grabbed my friend, pointed at Nora to tell my friend who she was and giggled like an idiot. Unfortunately, Ms. Roberts saw the whole thing but was kind and gracious enough not to comment.

Fast forward one day later. Somehow I grew up. I stood in line for almost an hour to meet Judith McNaught. This was at the literacy book signing. Her plane was late, but I would have stood hours longer to be able to talk with her. When she finally got there, I told her that she was the reason I write. That she had inspired me and I thanked her for all her wonderful books. She seemed delighted. And I was delighted I hadn't stuttered.