If you've come to the Southern Magic meetings lately and listened to me whine, you know I've lamented my lack of progress this year. But the year is not quite 2/3 over, and upon reflection, I've gotten a lot done:
- I revised my second book, THE BOYS NEXT DOOR, and watched it debut.
- I sold my third book, BOY IN BLUE.
- I won my first contest.
- I wrote lots and lots of proposals. They haven't found a home, but I can save them for later. There's no such thing as a bad idea for a book--only a good idea for the wrong folks at the wrong time. I just made that up.
- I went to Nationals and met one of my critique partners for the first time.
- I finished an adult ro-com.
- I started a new YA.
That's quite a bit, right? Try it--your accomplishments look more impressive when you use bullets. This list makes me think I can finish the new YA and another half-written adult ro-com by the end of the year.
Take stock of your 2/3. What have you done this year, and what can you do?