Thursday, August 23, 2007

Read any good movies lately?

Over the last few years there has been a run on making a book into a movie - Harry Potter, Eragon, Lord of the Rings, etc, etc, etc. The latest one that I know of is Stardust, which is from a young adult book (sad to say but as a YA librarian, I didn't know that fact until after the movie came out...)

Anyhoo...Two of my favorite movies came from books - Diana Palmer's Diamond Girl and Sarah Bird's The Boyfriend School with Steve Guttenburg-sigh. I will confess that both of these movies are on my must-watch-every-few-weeks shelf.

What are your favorite books that became movies? Which one was better, the movie or the book?

2 comments:

Kelley St. John said...

My favorite book to movie was A TIME TO KILL. I love it when the movie accurately depicts the book, and that one was amazing!

Kelley

MaryF said...

Actually, I am looking forward to "The Golden Compass".
Honestly, I can't think of any off the top of my head.