Saturday, July 07, 2007

Through The Modern Day Gizmo Know as the Internet...

Through the modern day gizmo known as the Internet, authors can promote themselves so easily by personal websites, blogs and communities like MySpace. I was looking through the lastest edition of RWA and notices several contests for best websites. That got me thinking...what about pages on MySpace. Both Jenn and Kelley have really awesome pages on MySpace with cool music, videos, blogs and more.

MySpace is such an easy and free way to advertise the work of great authors. Do you know of any other author MySpace pages out there?

Barb

4 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

Too funny you mention MySpace. A few months ago, I set up Southern Magic with a MySpace, but I haven't figured out some of the ways to pretty it up. If anyone would like to take a stab at it, let me know and I'll give you the password. :-)

http://www.myspace.com/rwasouthernmagic

BTW, Barbara, give everyone your MySpace link.

jennifer echols said...

Barbara, just come to my page at www.myspace.com/jenniferechols and look at my friends. Probably three fourths of the 1300 are authors.

MaryF said...

Good gracious, I haven't BEEN to MySpace yet. Ok, so I have issues.

My question is HOW do you find the time? I can barely find time to work, check this blog page and keep my home life and work in one piece!

(Admit it, you have cloned yourselves....LOL If so, I need to know the secret!)

Barb said...

It's hard to find the time. The MySpace page that I've done for work is rarely updated - maybe once in 2 months - www.myspace.com/prattvillelibrary

Here's my personal one- www.myspace.com/barbsworldinbama

Carla, I'll take a stab at Southern Magic's page if you'd like...