Sunday, June 10, 2007

What Makes a Woman Beautiful?

Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain; but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.
Proverbs 31:30

You can probably see this blog has started out a bit different. Today's world puts tremendous emphasis on beauty, thinness, and youth. And celebrity. On Friday EVERY tv station was talking about Paris Hilton's travails. Poor little rich girl doesn't want to take responsibility for her actions.

Women get botox and plastic surgery at the drop of a hat. And the tragedy is that those pictures we compare ourselves to, aren't even real. They're retouched and airbrushed. No woman can attain that. No matter that the Bible tells us beauty is vanity. First Peter 3:3-4 tells us to concentrate on our inner beauty.

Somewhere along the way inner beauty has become insignificant. How we treat others has no importance. It's become a me, me, me society.

Well, I'm off to church to praise God and work on my inner beauty.

What do you think makes a woman beautiful?

1 comment:

MaryF said...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think it differs for everyone, what I perceive as beautiful others do not.

I don't think people have forgotten about inner beauty. Unfortunately, inner beauty doesn't sell, so the media focuses on the outside not on the inside. We can counter that just be the one thing we use every day...writing.

So here I go, to work on my inner beauty....:)