Saturday, June 23, 2007

Just Shoot Me

Yesterday was my day to blog and I forgot. Again! So, after a rotton day, I now have to be witty or write something catchy.

I always spend Saturday mornings with my two aunts. Of eight children, they are the only two of my mother's siblings living. We go to one aunt's house around 9:00 and visit, then at 11:00 go to Fire Mountain for lunch. Today I decided to zip down to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. I hate WM on Saturdays to begin with.

I zip out, put my groceries, including ice cream, in the car and go to leave. Nada! Not one little peep from the engine. David arrives and the hood doesn't want to open. Finally, get it open. 30-45 minutes later, it's cranked with his van and battery cables. Drenched in sweat, a pulsing headache, and melting ice cream, I drive home. So, you can see why I'm not feeling very writerly.

I think I'll go watch the DVD I received from Netflix. I've seen SUMMER MAGIC before. It's a nice little Walt Disney film from 1963 with Hayley Mills. It's enjoyable and doesn't require a lot of thought. HM and her mother and brothers experience financial hardship and move to Maine from Boston. The friendly postmaster lets them move into a rundown house whose owners are in Europe. Of course, he doesn't tell that he doesn't have their permission. HM's snooty cousin arrives and then the owner, who just happens to be a handsome young man.

What movie have your watched recently?

3 comments:

MaryF said...

I don't get to watch much...unfortunately. Last movie I watched I was reading a book, it was the "40 year old virgin". (Now you know why I was reading a book--perhaps that's why my husband falls a sleep when watching my movies)

Wish there were more "Ever After" movies....or "Princess Bride"...now those are good movies.

JoAnn said...

I love Summer Magic! That was one of my favorites from Disney. Talk about an iconic romance... :-)

I convinced my college freshman daughter and husband to watch Father Goose with me last night. I adore this romantic comedy. And I mean, it's Cary Grant, for pete's sake! Daughter fell asleep on couch, husband left about 20 minutes into it to go play a computer game. Oh well, they just don't know what they missed!

And then LATE last night, Some Like It Hot came on one of the movie channels. Another great classic.

As you can tell, I don't get out to the movie theater much. :-)

Barb said...

I actually watched CARS for the first time last week...my 2 year old godson can almost qoute the movie.

Now any time THE MUMMY, PRINCESS BRIDE, or INDIANA JONES is on, my bottom is in front of the tv.

Oh...I could I forget?!?! I did see PIRATES 3 last weekend. It was a little long but I didn't mind watching Johnny and Orlando for 3 hours. ;-)