Sunday, May 13, 2007

Romancing the Mother

Happy Mother's Day to all women everywhere!

In honor of mother's day, I thought we could talk about romance stories featuring older women. Do you like them? If not, why? If you do, what's your favorite?

I have to admit that the romances I read and write have heroines between the ages of 25 - 35. Not sure why other than I just love the thrill of that first love and all the young, tender feelings that go with it. But there are one or two books I've read and enjoyed with older women. The women weren't the main characters, but they had a fully realized romance in the story and it made for a much richer story. One of my favorites is Heaven Texas, by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. The hero's mother finds the second love of her life and it's a sweet, satisfying and very sexy read. Give it a try if you've not read it.

So what about you? Do you have a favorite book(s) with an older heroine, perhaps someone's mother?

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

I love Jeanne Ray's books, especially "Julie and Romeo" and "Julie and Romeo Get Lucky". Very fun, often poignant stories.

Carla Swafford said...

Years ago I read one called HELLION. Don't remember the author, but I remembered liking the book. Then there's Peggy Webb's DRIVING ME CRAZY. Cute! And my mom loved it too.