Friday, May 11, 2007

Foreplay

If you’re thinking I’m about to write on what happens before sex, you’re right. All romance novels have foreplay in it. Are you saying to yourself that inspirations don’t have foreplay in it? Well, you’re wrong.

Foreplay is different for every author and reader. For me it can be the hero rubbing the heroine’s shoulders. I know when my hubby rubs my back or feet, I begin to feel rather generous. LOL!

How often have we sighed when the hero looks deep into the heroine’s eyes with that certain look? Or his hand brushes her knee? Or when his voice becomes husky and he calls her honey? Hmmm. :::eyes closed while listening to Lips Of An Angel:::::

What? Oh, the blog... :::looking around rather sheepishly::::

Of course, you’re saying now, that’s sexual tension. You’re right again. But as women, we know that to get a woman in ready mode you need more than just the five minutes of kissing to encourage her participation. Even if all our heroes are great kissers.

Some of the most sexy books I’ve read had pages and pages of foreplay/sexual tension before the real thing. The attraction between the sexes and the games they play to excite each other really makes a good romance. A good love story.

What is your favorite type of sexual tension/foreplay ploy for your hero and heroine to use to get things heated up? No. I don't want to hear anything that involves the word "French." LOL! Remember this blog is PG.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I think a certain look from across the room or the look that says "do you know what I'm thinking?" is awesome.

Kathy

JoAnn said...

Like Kathy, I think a look has tremendous power. Especially if its hypnotic and won't let either party turn away. :-)

JoAnn said...

oh my gosh -- how could I forget dancing! Some of my favorite building-the-tension scenes are on the dance floor. See the movies "Baby Boom" (Dianne Keaton and Sam Shepherd) and "Dear Frankie" (Gerard Butler and Emily Mortinson). I don't find them quite as effective when written, but a great book example is "Home Is Where Hank Is" by Martha Shields.