Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Last Word

We’ve talked about the beginning sentences that hook the reader, but what about those last words? You know. The ones that ended the book and left that special “ahhh” lasting impression.

How often have you read a great book that ended with a whimper? Or the book you begin to lose interest and you turn to the back page to see how it ends, and the ending encourages you to keep trying?

I know you’ve seen where other blogs have asked you to comment on your favorite hooks or to go to a certain page and type in the second sentence or something like that.

This time I’m asking you to do the big no-no and go to the end of the romance you’re currently reading and tell me the last short paragraph or last sentence. Give us the name of the book and the author. Let’s see how they handled that crucial final remembrance of the love story.

Mine is ETERNAL HUNGER by Cameron Dean. I walked to the front door, pulled it open, stepped out onto the walk. And then I flung the blossoms as hard and high as I could. High enough to reach the stars.

I won’t ruin the ending for you as the series is unique and interesting enough for me to buy all three books at the same time. But I will say the author better write number four or I will be pissed. LOL!

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

I'm reading two right now.

NELSON IN COMMAND by Marin Thomas:
Nelson grinned like a buffoon. Acquiescence wasn't such a bad thing if Ellen Tanner-McKade was the woman he had to take orders from the rest of his life.

FAIR HAVEN by JoAnn Ross:
Home. It was, Erin thought, as she made her way with her husband and daughter through the throng, a truly glorious word. Even now, months after their marriage, it still made her beam to think that after years spent traveling the globe, she'd finally found her own very special home with the forever love of her life.

Carla Swafford said...

I love happy endings, and those were beautifully worded. Thanks, JoAnn.