Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Stuck in the middle

Well, Christmas has past and we are waiting for New Year's Day to get here. We have been celebrating Christmas since Thanksgiving and it's now time to take the tree down and put the front yard and front porch back in order. It's time to start thinking about 2007 and the resolutions we may or may not keep past the first week. For me, this waiting time between the two holidays always seem to drag on.

This year I plan to make the most of the few days we have left in 2006. Luckily, I was able to take this week off from work so I have time to play. Before I do play, I'm taking down my tree, undecorating the front porch and mailbox. Then I'm making myself sit and write. I've been writing in my head for the past 3 weeks and I'm beginning to feel overloaded. My pre-resolution is to write 15-20 pages on my book before Sunday midnight.

Does anyone have any pre-resolutions they need to work on before Sunday night?

6 comments:

JoAnn said...

Pre-resolution: I really like that term! It even sounds easier to keep than a resolution.

15-20 pages before Sunday midnight, hmm? What a great plan. I am a notoriously slow writer, so I'm going to opt for 10 pages by Sunday midnight. Get ready, get set... :-)

Barb C. said...

LOL...I know...15 pages?!?! He he, it's taken me an hour just to get settled in and caught up on reading what I wrote a month ago! I'm making some changes (had a couple of "OMG! What was I thinkin' here?!" moments). I'm still shooting for 15 pages by Sunday but will be happy with 10. ;-)

Carla Swafford said...

Such an appropriate blog. That's going to be our theme for 2007 - each member will be setting their goals and being accountable at the end of the year. So get ready. LOL!

Deborah Matthews said...

I no longer make resolutions because I always fail. My immediate goal is to finish this WIP and get it to Harlequin since it was requested. I've struggled for months with the old weight one. Well, maybe next year.

Anonymous said...

Here is my resolution. Its last minute but oh well. its to make more outlines for my book. That way i hav something to start on later. Cattt.

JoAnn said...

Okay, Barbara. I'm reporting in on my pre-resolution. I'm coming up on 12 pages, and it isn't even Sunday night yet! Feeling pumped. :-)