Monday, December 11, 2006

The Good, Bad, and the Ugly

Today is December 11. Experts say this is the worse time for depression and suicide. Thirteen days until Christmas and fifteen until my birthday. How depressing! My printer bit the dust. Have yet to hear from the job I interviewed for. I haven't heard from my query. I finished my shopping yesterday. Taylor Hicks new CD comes out today. I'm still breathing. Life is made up of the bad and the good.

Unfortunately, I'm a glass half empty type person. No matter how good things are, the bad seems to be more heart-felt. I have much to be thankful for and I do thank God every day. I guess I need to pray to be more positive.

You're wondering where the ugly comes in. That would be my new driver's license picture.

So, are you a glass half full or glass half empty person? How do you handle the bad stuff?

5 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

I guess it all depends on my mood at the time. Some days I feel like I can't get ahead in anything. This year has been rather rough. Two wrecks (I rather not talk about them), one major surgery, and many other things I push out of my mind since I cannot change them. I believe that's the point. Work on the problems that you can solve and let the rest take care of themselves through prayer.

When I get depressed, I pick out one thing I know I can do (like clean off my desk or clean my kitchen or play a game on my computer). Anything that will give me the sense of accomplishment. That usually does it for me.

Most of the time I like to think I'm a half glass full person.

JoAnn said...

I am very easily discouraged, so I am usually a half-empty person. Sometimes, though, I can talk myself out of the discouraging situation. I guess at that point, I begin to be a half-full type. :-)

Christy said...

Hmm. For me, it depends upon what's in the glass.

Deborah Matthews said...

I guess most of us go through times of both. That would be depressing if we were on a downer ALL the time.

Anonymous said...

Yes i work with ppl who become depressed and want to commit suicide and the holidays only makes work super busy. Catt.