Sunday, December 17, 2006

For writers, every day is Christmas

In celebration of her first book being published, one of my friends had a bracelet made with beads that spelled out the title and charms that represented events in the book. If I remember correctly, she got the idea from Jennifer Crusie.

What a cute idea! If I'd treated myself when my book came out, I would have gotten a bracelet like this. But the months went by. Just recently I went to Wal-mart and splurged on a $2 frame for the MAJOR CRUSH cover flat for my office.

What about you? Do you reward yourself for your writing milestones? Or is writing itself reward enough?

1 comment:

Carla Swafford said...

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I never reward myself for my milestones. Usually I cry. I cry when I final - from relief. I cry when I finish a book - from relief. Yeah. I think I need to find a new way to celebrate. LOL!